Responsive Respite Services offers a chance for children with complex needs and their families to take a break from each other. We provide two types of respite services: In-home and facility based (Kidz Hotel). Both services are designed to serve the needs of children/adolescents with a disability who experience emotional, behavioral challenges. Respite Services offer one-to-one support with the goal of supporting the child to have enjoyable experiences, meeting and making new friendships through group and/or individualized activities within the community, exploring new interests and developing new skills.
Respite Specialists will provide direct, front-line support to clients in their home or in the community. Depending on the needs of the individual, Respite Specialists may be required to provide behavioural supports, emotional supports, personal care, home maintenance (including cooking and laundry), medication administration, support with community activities (including educational classes, volunteer work, leisure and social activities), or other specialized supports as needed.
- Experience working with developmental disabilities and/or mental health challenges
- Post-Secondary education in a related field preferred (e.g. Human Services, Social Work, Psychology etc.)
- Experience providing behavioural supports to clients
- Experience providing personal care (e.g. assisting with bathing or toileting and personal hygiene)
- Ability to work in a team environment
The wage for this position is based on education and experience and ranges from $17.62-$18.38/hour.
How to Apply
Interested candidates may submit their cover letter and resume to using the form below and reference “Respite Specialist” in the Message to Employer box.
Responsive Childrens Supports Ltd. thanks all applicants for their interest however only candidates selected for interview will be contacted.